NextRequest is hiring a mid-level Product Designer! This is an incredible opportunity to join a growing organization and get in on the ground floor of a new design team. You would be a second designer working closely with our Senior Product Designer to not only own the design process for full feature sets, but also contribute to a new design system, design brand materials, and help iterate and improve our design process.
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- 2-3 years experience designing and delivering user-centered experiences in collaboration with engineers
- Demonstrated experience leading end to end product design decisions from early concept to product launch
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- Deep empathy with an understanding of user needs and passion for designing beautiful, functional software products
- Deep understanding of how to prototype at the appropriate degrees of fidelity to solicit clear customer feedback
- Experience using a breadth of design tools like Sketch, Zeplin, Figma, etc. or willingness to learn quickly
Extra points if you have:
- Graphic/illustration experience (for example creating on-brand illustrative empty states and/or helping establish our brand materials)
- Experience working within an enterprise software and/or government product space
What you’ll do:
- Own multiple projects from start to finish while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Lead all aspects of the design process to frame problems, research use cases and users, define insights, share your vision, prototype, and document for engineer collaboration
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and leadership to craft useful, delightful product experiences that solve user pain, drive product growth, and meet measurable outcomes
- Develop and present high-level research, journey-maps, user-flows, mockups, and/or prototypes to effectively communicate ideas
- Ability to conduct user research and translate insights from customer interviews, usability tests and site metrics into actionable design solutions in collaboration with senior designers
- Track product usage data and metrics to validate designed solutions post-launch and work with product managers to organize and prioritize iterative solutions
What we offer you:
- Mission-driven work that has a tangible positive impact
- Three weeks of PTO plus federal holidays
- Health care (medical, dental, and vision) benefits for you and your dependents
- Flexible work hours (upon mutual agreement) that allow you to schedule around personal commitments
- Opportunities to socialize with your colleagues that don’t center on alcohol (team-activities, game nights, etc); if a company event is outside of normal work hours, we’ll cover childcare costs
- A workplace that values communication, mutual respect, and work-life balance
- The ability to work remotely in the US. We do have offices in Durham, NC and San Diego, CA that one is able to work out if they prefer.
We’re committed to a workplace that reflects our community. We especially encourage applicants who are underrepresented in the tech industry, including women, people of color, and LGBTQIA candidates, to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: NextRequest is unable to sponsor visas at this time. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident authorized to work in the US.