We're looking for someone who can help build a team and processes that allow us to deliver on our mission of revolutionizing public records process through technology, trust and community. If you are excited about developing operations and culture at an organization that makes government information accessible and meaningful, this is the job for you.
Your day-to-day work will be focused on taking on projects and processes that help NextRequest grow in a coordinated and effective manner. This may range from research, analysis and reporting to developing, implementing, and managing projects, policies, and programs. In this role you will work closely with the CEO as well as executives and team leads across the company. Embodying and enacting NextRequest’s company values of trust through transparency, empathy, and continuous improvement will be key.
What you will do:
- Management of special projects and programs
- HR & People Ops: help manage and create benefits, incentivization, conflict resolution, and employee development programs
- Finances: supporting our bookkeeper, accounts payable/receivable, operational finances, and budgeting processes
- Coordinate taxes, licenses, and business permits
- Coordinate compliance and annual auditing with team leads (SOC2, HIPAA, CJIS)
- Management of companywide tools and services
- Develop reporting and analysis for our CEO and Board
- Actively look for opportunities to improve processes or build processes where there were none.
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in an operations/project/program management or related fields
- Good experience with spreadsheets, CRMs, and HR software
- Experience coordinating operations/projects/programs on remote teams
- Experience with startups as well as companies at scale
- A conscientious, collaborative, and friendly approach
- Great written and verbal communication
- Excellent organization and follow through
Extra points if you have:
- Experience in regulated and compliance oriented industries
- Worked for or with local governments
What we offer you
- Mission-driven work that has a tangible positive impact
- Three weeks of PTO plus federal holidays
- Health care (medical, dental, and vision) benefits for you and your dependents
- Equity in the company
- A stipend and PTO to attend professional development events
- Flexible work hours (upon mutual agreement) that allow you to schedule around personal commitments
- Opportunities to socialize with your colleagues that don’t center on alcohol (weekly team lunches, monthly game night, a book club); if a company event is outside of normal work hours, we’ll cover childcare costs
- A workplace that values communication, mutual respect, and work-life balance
This is a full-time position working remotely in the United States. We are committed to a workplace that reflects our community. We especially encourage applicants who are underrepresented in the tech industry, including women, people of color, and LGBTQIA candidates.